Statement of Purpose
To enhance and screen cellular towers, accessory buildings and equipment associated with cellular towers with landscape material or other suitable screening device, as determined by the Department of Planning and Community Development.
Minimum Planting Standards
- Evergreen trees - The height of evergreen trees shall be a minimum 8' height and should comprise a minimum 40% of the proposed plant material. Evergreen trees are to be located so as to screen the building from a road or any residential district, where applicable.
- Canopy shade trees - The caliper of deciduous trees shall be a minimum 3" and should comprise a minimum 20% of the proposed plant material.
- Understory trees - The caliper of understory trees are to be a minimum 2" caliper and should comprise a minimum of 40% of the proposed plant material.
- Ground Cover - Ground cover must be sod, seed or other acceptable plant material typically specified and established as ground cover.
- All landscape material shall meet minimum industry standards and ordinance requirements.
When the planting of landscaping material is not possible or practical as determined by the Department, a solid wall or fence a minimum 6’ height, should be installed to screen the base of the tower from view from surrounding property and/or public thoroughfare.
Suggested Planting Concept
Celluar Tower Planting Diagram