CITY OF FARMINGTON HILLS
2017 SUMMER TAX BILLS
The City of Farmington Hills 2017 Summer Tax Bills will be mailed on or about July 1. They are payable from July 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017 without penalty. Payment must be received by August 31, postmarks are not accepted. A 4% penalty will be added starting September 1st along with 1/2% interest per month.
If you do not receive your tax bill by July 15th, please contact the Treasurer's office at 248-871-2480
By law, failure to receive a tax bill does not waive tax or penalty.
Tax bills are not forwarded by the Post Office, unless it is a temporary forwarding order only. The Treasurer's Office will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for July 4th to accept payment.
Drop boxes are located by the Police Station, next to the mail boxes; and near the front entrance to City Hall.
Checks are accepted as conditional payment. If checks are not honored by the bank, taxes are unpaid and subject to any and all penalties.
Find applications for deferment of 2017 summer taxes for qualified persons here
or at the Treasurer's Office. Applications must be filed by September 14, 2017.
31555 W. Eleven Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
(248) 871-2471 (Fax)
The Finance Department is comprised of three primary functions – Accounting, Assessing, and Treasury. The Department’s main responsibility is to facilitate the prudent use of the City’s financial resources by:Maintaining accurate and complete records of all financial transactions, assets, and liabilities.
- Preparing the annual budget for presentation to City Council.
- Overseeing the City’s annual audit and financial report.
- Preparing the annual property tax assessment roll.
- Processing payments to City vendors timely and accurately.
- Processing payroll for City employees timely and accurately.
- Administering the City’s pension assets and retirement benefits.
- Managing the City’s Liability and Property Insurance.
The Finance Department continues to receive national and international recognition for excellence. For the past 29 years, the City of Farmington Hills has received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. For the past 16 years, the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report has received the prestigious Certificate of Achievement from the same organization.
- For Assessing questions/inquiries, please call (248) 871-2470
- For Treasury questions/inquiries, please call (248) 871-2480
- For Finance/Accounting questions/inquiries, please call (248) 871-2440